The Barkers

Shaylee

Shaylee

Mikayla

Mikayla

Kiera

Kiera

Aspynn

Aspynn

Dylan

Dylan
"God has given us no greater blessing than that of belonging to a loving and loyal family- and it will be so always and forever"

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Giving......

I would like to know where time goes? My baby boy is now crawling all over the place. I almost forgot for a moment what it was like to baby proof EVERYTHING!!!! I sit back and and I have to observe all I have been given in my life. My little brother wrote an essay for school on " how hymns are like prayers" (he does not attend public school he goes to an LDS private school) for those wondering why he was given this topic. I have to say that I believe that hymns are like prayers. Today as I am cleaning and taking care of the everyday things- the following lyrics come to mind..."Because I have been given much, I too must give; Because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live. I shall divide my gifts from thee, with every brother that I see who has the need of help from me. Because I have been blessed by thy great love, dear Lord. I'll share thy love again, according to Thy word. I shall give love to those in need; I'll show that love by word and deed: Thus shall my thanks be thanks in deed."
I feel blessed and wonder to myself how I need to be more proactive and be aware of those around me. I need to take more time to sit with the ones who need to talk or even a simple smile. Giving, is what creates happiness. I have to take a moment and brag (hopefully as humbly as I can)
I have such an incredible husband and he would do anything for his family. I love him so much and it's weird cause you would think that you loved someone more when you were first married, with the whole " I am in love", butterflies, bliss, ect. However, for myself I would have to say that love grows deeper as you together hand in hand walk through the obstacles of life and together experience the bitter sweet moments that everyday life brings. I love my wonderful children and there have been numerous people who have touched my life in profound ways. I know that there is scary things going on in the world but, I also know that we live in a wonderful world at a wonderful time! As said by Thomas S. Monson  " The future is as bright as your faith"

2 comments:

  1. Hey, How's it going? I've been pretty terrible about keeping in touch, but we do miss you guys. Michael said to say hello too.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I almost forgot -- I absolutely love that family photo at the top of your blog! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete